HUMAN BODY SYSTEM
The human body system works together to perform a specific task. Examples of human body system are circulatory, digestive, reproductive, nervous, respiratory etc. The human body consists of four levels of organization which are listed below:
- Tissues; e.g. muscle tissue
- Organs; e.g. stomach
- Body system; e.g. digestion
The respiratory system
Respiratory system involves the nose, throat, trachea and lungs
- it brings oxygen from the atmosphere into the body
- when we exhale, it takes out waste in form of carbon dioxide
- Inside the respiratory systems, oxygen diffuses into blood and carbon dioxide diffuses out of the blood
The nervous system
It involves the brain, spinal cord, and nerves.
- It receives information, process and also transmits it.
- Information is being transmitted from the brain to and fro through the nerves.
- Cerebellum is part of the brain that coordinates movement and positioning.
- The brainstem controls breathing and heart rates.
- Cerebrum controls speaking, thinking, and seeing.
The digestive system
It involves the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine
- It breaks down food into nutrients which are in turn used to produce energy.
- It also gets rid of waste product from the body.
The circulatory system (cardiovascular system)
It involves the heart and the blood vessels
- It moves blood which carries substances like oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- While carbon dioxide and waste pass from the cell into the blood.
- ……….. System communicates with each cell of the body system? A. The urinary B. Reproductive C. Circulatory D. Digestive
- Which of the options is part of a digestive system? A. Bronchi B. Stomach C. Reproductive D. Lungs
- From the options which is part of the nervous system? A. Brainstem B. Heart C. Lungs D. Nerves
- ……………. Is an example of a human body system? A. Organs B. Cells C. Reproductive D. Large intestine
- Circulatory system moves around the………….? A. Stomach B. Body C. Immune D. Nervous system