Motion and Force
Terms used in motion are:
Speed: it has to do with the rate at which an object moves from one distance to another.
Velocity: it has to do with speed a certain direction.
Acceleration: it is the rate at which Velocity changes.
Force: a force has to do with pull or push of an object.it causes change in motion.
An English physicist and mathematicial Sir Isaac Newton (1642 – 1727) discovered the three laws of motion which are as follows:
1. Law of inertia, which is also known as first law of motion states that an object will continue to be at rest if no force is applied to it or an object will continue in a constant motion until a force is applied to it. Inertia is known as motion at rest.
2. Law of motion/acceleration, which is also known as second law of motion. It states that the motion or acceleration of an object depends on it mass and the force applied. The greater the force applied the greater the acceleration.
3. The law of momentum is also known as the third law of motion. It states that to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. It also states that when an object receive momentum in a certain direction, other object will received equal amount of momentum in opposite directions. Momentum is the amount of energy a moving object possessed.
1. Inertia is known as ……?
A. The tendency of an object to remain at rest or in motion
B. Changes in an object speed or direction
C. The speed at which an object is moving
D. The force needed to move an object a certain distance
2. What is momentum?
A. Amount of speed a moving object has
B. Amount of energy a moving object has
C. Amount of acceleration needed
D. Amount of reaction required
3. Which of the following Defined force?
A. Anything that changes the rest or motion of an object
B. Any change in an object’s acceleration or deceleration
C. The rate at which an object moves in a particular direction
D. The inertia and momentum of an object at rest
4. …….. is the rate at which Velocity changes?
5. Everything in the universe is in …….?